Amandus announces actions for better equality in the film industry
This article is written for an older edition of the festival, and may contain content that is no longer valid.
After the many reveals about sexual harrasement in the media industry, and the following campaigns #metoo and #stilleforopptak (Norwegian capaign from actresses in film and theatre), the young festival organizers have taken the initiative for Amandus UTTERENCE (“Ytring” in Norwegian). This is a project with the goal of making
The project includes among others:
- An open seminar about how to alert about conditions, in collaboration with Innlandet University College, The Norwegian Film School and the Norwegian Television School.
- A screenplay competition for projects with equality in focus (deadline March 8th)
- Seminar with Ellen Tejle (creator of A-list)
- Presentation of films from China Women’s Film Festival and Duhok International Film Festival.
- Panel discussion with young filmmakers and relevant industry people
- A symbolic marking during the Amandus Awards Show.
The project marks the beginning of several projects that also continues after the festival ends. Amandus UTTERANCE is supported by Fritt Ord.
Amandus is the meetingplace for the next generation of filmmakers, and the festival has a unique oportunity to discuss important topics, create good attitudes and find lasting solutions to make the industry a better place to be.
Festival Director Linda Steinhoff
The 31st edition of Amandus – Lillehammer International Student Film Festival is held from March 21-24 in Lillehammer, Norway.
Linda Steinhoff, festival director
+47 923 11 361
Facts about Amandus – Lillehammer International Student Film Festival
- Is organized annualy in Lillehammer, Norway
- Has roayl patronage from Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit.
- Is the biggest film festival for young filmmakers in the Nordic countries.
- Shows films made by young filmmakers in different age groups.
- Prices are awarded at the prestigious Amandus Awards Ceremony, which is held on March 23.
- The festival also includes seminars, workshops, film premieres and more.